Unlike Band Forming centerpieces, Synthetic Boundary centerpieces have very small capillary channels for transferring fluid from the reference (left) to the sample (right) channel. These tiny channels ensure that the fluid transfer is very slow. This gentle transfer, which occurs at higher velocities, avoids disturbing the boundary between the two fluids and produces a sharply defined boundary.
Some applications for Synthetic Boundary Centerpieces are:
- Diffusion coefficient determination
- Study of very low sedimentation coefficient materials
- Extinction coefficient determination
Parts and Pricing
|Product Description||Path Length||Part#||Price|
- Assemble the cell assembly.
- Fill the sample channel (right side) with 150-160 uL (200-210 uL for Spin50)
- Fill the reference channel (left side) with 350 uL (Spin60) or 425 uL (Spin50)
- Install fill hole gaskets and fill-hole screws.