The MCE™ software consists of two applications, one for data acquisition and one for data analysis.
MCE™ Control Software
The MCE™ Operating Software (MCE-OS™):
- Controls the instrument’s operation through a graphical user interface, with wizards to set up experiments.
- Contains a “Solution Builder” used to describe and store solvent and sample descriptions.
- Has an inventory feature that allows the details of the solution components to be stored and reused.
- Provides a hardware inventory so that the cuvette and membrane specifications are documented with each experiment.
- Is equipped with a protocol editor that allows the user to customize all instrument operations, including the electric field, temperature, fluid flow and data acquisition steps for both mobility and steady state experiments. All protocols are kept in a database and may be reused and modified as desired.
- Allows user accounts to be created and password protected. Default accounts are also provided. The instrument administrator may require users to log in. All of the data are stored in the user’s directory in both a database and as ASCII files.
The MCE™ analysis software (MCE-AS™) runs concurrently with the operating software, or may be run separately, and may be used for both mobility and steady-state data analysis. For mobility, the user simply selects which scans they wish to analyze, and with one click a graph of the electrophoretic mobility distribution is provided. One more click, and the data are presented as either the effective or the Debye-Hückel charge distribution. The resulting graphs may be printed, saved, e-mailed or made part of the experiment report. The analyses may be saved as part of the experiment. For steady state data analysis, software for determining when steady is reached (WinMatch), data editing (WinReedit) and data analysis (WinNonlin) are provided.
MCE™ Analysis Software
Intensity scans from Real-time Electrophoretic mobility (REM)
Graph of Electrophoretic mobility
Link to Software Downloads for MCE™ here.